Our Gloucester based client is looking for an experienced IT Systems Engineer to work as part of a busy IT department to provide hands on support to the entire site.
IT Systems Engineer
IT qualification 100%
Experience in manufacturing environment 78%
Team player 84%
Strong communicator 85%
SQL database 95%
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- This is a hands on role supporting our Windows / Server environment and our bespoke production systems.
- SQL database support.
- Supporting user hardware and software. Responding to staff requests for IT and Comms support; including taking calls to support our other branches. Occasional travel may be required.
- Server Administration in conjunction with network support for the company.
- Liaison with other IT/Comms suppliers, if issue cannot be resolved in-house.
- Managing secure network access for remote users.
- Liaising with our current Laboratory management systems contractors, to support production across the business. Maintenance of database.
- Testing and modifying systems to ensure that they operate reliably. Monitoring event logs.
- Implementing and managing system security. Incorporating GDPR liaising with an external company.
- Maintaining procedures to ensure data recovery.
- A formal IT qualification.
- Experience in a support role, in a manufacturing environment.
- A Team person and able to work on own initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- SQL database skills
Salary: negotiable dependent on experience